Our Story

Hi! I'm Danielle. Here is "Our Story" . . .

A few years ago, my daughter received a headband for her birthday from her classmate, Alex. With a desire to fulfill my daughter’s request for more headbands, I had to be resourceful, which I love doing just about as much as I love creating. I had scissors, glue, and a very cheap sewing machine. This marked the beginning of my venture with Presents from Alex.

My kitchen table business was growing and I was spending late hours fulfilling orders while the kids were asleep. During this time, my daughter (the one with freckles) drew a picture of me fighting a spider. She said, “Mommy, you can do anything.” It was a moment of inspiration and I prayerfully considered giving my business some serious thought. This is a good time to tell you that my husband is awesome.

When I was ten years old, I turned my Grandmother’s living room into a card shop where I displayed my handmade greeting cards. They were nice cards coming from a ten year old. .While I was making cards, my future college roommate, Hillary was hosting swimming lessons in her own backyard with real paying customers!

Hillary and I finally met our freshmen year of college, where we studied Entrepreneurship and after taking a few classes together we quickly discovered our compatibility. During my three years of operating Presents from Alex on my own it was time to get on my bike and take a peek at the opportunities on Commerce Street. I was on Art Street and lovin it!  I believe being creative is at the core of a successful business, but it takes a special kind of person to protect the core of the business. With this said, I was excited and honored to partner with Hillary Adams.

Hillary and I both consider the greatest blessing to be our families. The titles, "Mrs." and "Mommy" are greater than all others.

Hee hee . . . Hillary reads nerdy business articles and adds jalapenos on just about everything she eats. (We'll keep this between you and me until she notices. Haha, Danielle)

Much love and muchas mas love,
Danielle